Damian Scanlan (LaA81-88)

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Vonny
Button Grecian

Re: Damian Scanlan (LaA81-88)

Post by Vonny »

englishangel wrote:
Vonny wrote:
cj wrote: Just seen this on the CHA newsletter.
I haven't received it this month for some reason. Could you email it to me? My address is on FB or I could pm you with it.
Erm...no it's not
You should be able to see it :? I've just viewed my profile as you can see it (didn't know you could do that until just now!) and I can see it :?
2's 1981-1985 2:12 BaB 1985-1988 BaB 41
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

I just didn't wait long enough. But you are in my address book anyway so I have sent it.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Vonny
Button Grecian

Post by Vonny »

Thank you!
2's 1981-1985 2:12 BaB 1985-1988 BaB 41
adlop
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by adlop »

CHAZ wrote:
Did Damian have abrother called Paul who was in my year...Class 84?
He did indeed, he went on to be in the original line up of a goth/rock band called Creaming Jesus who as you can imagine went down hugely well in middle England. Here's their cover of The Cure's A Forest which Paul played on before he left the band, don't know if that's him playing guitar in the video as the quality is so bad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoHR7m2eiDU

Very sad about Damien, my strongest memory of him other than playing rugby was that he was so desperate to join the army the whole time. I know he did but heard he didn't stay long as it didn't work out.
Barnes B / Mid A
cstegerlewis
Deputy Grecian

Post by cstegerlewis »

Wow, I forgot all about that Creaming Jesus link - and I even saw a net reference to them about a month ago.....spooky :shock:
Craig Steger-Lewis
Ba.B 25, Mid B 25, Mid A42
1982-1989
wagenman
3rd Former

Post by wagenman »

Very sad and shocked to hear this..Damian was my nursemaid and a close mate throughout school although i sadly lost touch once we'd left. In fact i only ever saw him once more, at a festival in London somewhere when he was just about to join the army. I have good memories of Damian though and am very sorry to hear he's gone so soon :(
Chugg11
2nd Former

Post by Chugg11 »

Ok- I know this is outrageously late but I remember Damian well. He nicknamed me Lukie because of my 80s 'Lukemia' haircut and only once successfully managed to eat one of my cakes from home economics class ( after that, he ran a mile and I'm still crap at cooking!). He was always cheerfully bonkers and I thought he was fabulous. Him and Joe Nixon used to say I looked 'fruity' ( remember that one?!). I am genuinely gutted to hear this. Thoughts go to Selina and Mel and their mum. RIP, you nutter. Xx
Chris Blewett
Deputy Grecian

Post by Chris Blewett »

Chugg11 wrote:Ok- I know this is outrageously late but I remember Damian well. He nicknamed me Lukie because of my 80s 'Lukemia' haircut and only once successfully managed to eat one of my cakes from home economics class ( after that, he ran a mile and I'm still crap at cooking!). He was always cheerfully bonkers and I thought he was fabulous. Him and Joe Nixon used to say I looked 'fruity' ( remember that one?!). I am genuinely gutted to hear this. Thoughts go to Selina and Mel and their mum. RIP, you nutter. Xx
There is no such time as 'late'......that you took time to remember a friend speaks volumes for him.........and you!!!
LHB, Th A 1968-Xmas 73