What A Surprise..... Happy Birthday Peter !!!

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

J.R.
Forum Moderator

What A Surprise..... Happy Birthday Peter !!!

Post by J.R. »

On checking todays CH birthday people, (Sunday 27th Aug.), I noticed a Peter Farnfield.

On looking at his bio in the members section I see he is also a Dorkinian like myself. How come I've never noticed that before :?:

As he's posted his post-code in his details, it'll only take me seconds to locate him !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Fascinating !

15 minutes searching certain web-sites, and I've learnt so much !
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Peter was a contemporary of mine in both Maine A and Mid A.

He put a lot of work (with Howard Holdsworth and the CHA) into organising our successful Maine A Reunion last year.

It's a shame Ajarn Philip wasn't on board the good ship forum then although CH is a long way from Thailand!
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Post by Ajarn Philip »

And funnily enough, Peter's family weren't all that far from us, and we often shared journeys to CH, trunks and all. I think Peter had a younger brother, perhaps two or three years younger?
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Ajarn Philip wrote:And funnily enough, Peter's family weren't all that far from us, and we often shared journeys to CH, trunks and all. I think Peter had a younger brother, perhaps two or three years younger?
Two younger brothers!

David and Steven I think.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
AndrewH
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by AndrewH »

Mid A 15 wrote:
Ajarn Philip wrote:And funnily enough, Peter's family weren't all that far from us, and we often shared journeys to CH, trunks and all. I think Peter had a younger brother, perhaps two or three years younger?
Two younger brothers!

David and Steven I think.
I saw David in July, haven't seen Stephen in a couple of years.

When I met up with David about five years ago (after a gap of more than 25 years) we agreed to meet outside a particular building, hoping that we would recognize each other. I saw him from about 100 yards away, he looked exactly the same as when he left CH apart from the hair colour.
Andrew Harrison
Maine A 1970-73
Lamb A 1973-77
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

I think you may find a picture of Peter Farnfield in the next edition of The Old Blue (I saw a pdf version yesterday). If I have the right person, he's a member of the Old Blue's Golf Club....
Kerren
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

All this information - Thanks everyone !

Incidently, Mid A 15 has sent Peter an e-mail on my behalf, directing him to this site again and informing him of my close proximity.
Peter Farnfield
2nd Former

Post by Peter Farnfield »

It is so funny to see all this stuff about me on the forum and not know anything about it until Mid A 15 sent me an email. well for those that wish to know all is well with the Farnfields who were last together at CH for Beating Retreat when we took part in a ceremony to present new maces (6) to the drum majors. Also present were James Morford, Graham Cooper and Chris Potts. It was very strange to be marching on parade at a retreat I can tell you but great fun. If I can work the technology I'll try to post a video.
Great to hear to see the posting from anjar philip, yes I remember those trips back from Hurst Green. :D
Peter Farnfield Ma 66-69, Mid A 69-73 :D
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Peter Farnfield wrote: It was very strange to be marching on parade at a retreat I can tell you but great fun. If I can work the technology I'll try to post a video.
Hope you were in step this time! :wink:

Good to see you on the forum Peter.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
Peter Farnfield
2nd Former

Yes I was this time Andy, thank you forreminding me!. It was so embarrassing last year to be leading the lunch parade and to be out of step! fortunately i had david beside me this time calling Left, left, left right left!
Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Post by Ajarn Philip »

Peter Farnfield wrote:It is so funny to see all this stuff about me on the forum
And you thought nobody cared!

It's really good to hear from you, Peter. I can imagine it must have been weird to see all this...

Your mention of Hurst Green has dropped me in it, as I've been telling everyone we shared journeys from posh homes in Chelsea, but I suppose I'll get over it. :cry:

But at least I now feel free to say that until this thread started, I'd forgotten the, how can I put this..., natural, organic and farmly (have I just invented a word?) odours of your father's Land Rover. I know we could have used the Rolls, but where would we have put the trunks?
Peter Farnfield
2nd Former

Sorry to have let you down Phil or should I say dropped you in it- as you quite rightly remembered the Land Rover was well used on the farm. Do I gather you are based in Thailand these days? Did I manage to get hold of you last year for the Maine A Reunion? As yo will have gathered from the thread I'm based in Dorking now and recently divorced. I am living with my partner Maureen (nee Cooper), brother of Graham Cooper of Lamb B. It's a long story but Maureen used to be David's girlfriend at school so we have known each other for along time!
I read your piece about why there are so few contributors to the forum - I'm only a second former and only rarely rember to look at the forum. Getting the message from andy Miller does encourage me though to make more effort to know what is going on, especially as I'm on the Council of Amoners. It is fun to find old friends (I'm also quite sure it is a generational thing too, coming up to 50 is a classic age to be making these old connections) and I hope to find more here soon.
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

OOh dear Peter. Can you revisit the description of your partner? Could lead to a lot of speculation on this thread...
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Post by Ajarn Philip »

<<<<<< Enter discreetly stage left... in a stage whisper...

Pssst, Peter! Psssst!!! Over here! Ssh... I'll PM you soon (but not tonight, it's way past bedtime), and you can tell me everything. In complete confidence, of course. Don't say too much on the open forum, though, you never know who you can trust. Rest assured, all your secrets will be safe with me...

Exit stage left, to huge applause>>>>>>>>