The school and charity

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

tomday55
2nd Former

The school and charity

Post by tomday55 »

Hello all, I haven't been on this site for a while and while I was looking around, I couldn't see much regarding charitable work that is available which surprised me, especially since the school is of charitable status. I am most interested in the environment. I really want to get involved in that as it is so important to us and getting more and more so. Does anyone have any info. or know anyone I could get in touch with so maybe I could end up working in that sector? Hope to hear back from you all soon, thanks tom
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

My daughter, Cathy, was formerly the Chief Fundraiser for the CPRE (Council for the Protection of Rural England). She has always worked in the Charitable sector, latterly with the Refugee Council as Chief Fundraiser, and now directs her own Charity, Good Vibrations, taking Music Workshops into high security prisons. She retains a strong interest in environmental issues and has some excellent connections. I can put you in touch if you PM me.
David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)
adlop
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by adlop »

At the risk of stating the obvious The Guardian on a Wednesday has jobs and useful articles around both fundraising and environmental roles. Worth a weekly read.