Old Blues Football Team for 2006/2007

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

CH Football
2nd Former

Old Blues Football Team for 2006/2007

Post by CH Football »

We are a group of old blues with the intention of creating a CH old boys team to play in an 11 a side league somewhere in London for next season (2006-2007), hopefully starting around August time.

The purpose of this message is really to guage interest in how many Old Blues would be keen on playing in a team hopefully starting next season.There are many Old Blues in London and surrounding areas, and we think there are many, like us, who want to keep playing football but find it difficult due to the problems involved in arranging a team and playing in a league. Following the establishment and continued success of the Old Blues Rugby Club of the Old Blues rugby team, we felt that a football team could be similarly succesful, and offer Old Blues a good route back into playing football, amongst friends and peers, as well as enjoying a few pints after the match...!

We're starting off by registering one team, as we dont want to take on commitments we cant fulfil, but we will look to register more teams if fhere is enough interest in the future. We havent committed to any league or playing timetable yet, as we felt that as well as seeing the level of interest, it would be useful to know what times people preferred to play, however in all probability we would look to play games on a Saturday afternoon, while training one evening midweek at a venue to be confirmed. We would really appreciate your input, so that we can draw up a schedule that suits everyone.

If you are interested in playing next season, please reply with your name, contact details, relation to CH, and preffered playing/training times to this address: chfootballteam@hotmail.com or private message us on here. We are required to submit a list of players/members to the London FA, and so would appreciate a swift response so that we can submit the forms ASAP.

There will be someone checking this account and the e-mail address given frequently, so replies should be prompt. Please feel free to forward this to any Old Blues who you feel might be interested. We would be really grateful for this, as we are trying to get as many people interested in this as possible, and it is hard to get hold of everybody who might be interested. Even if you arent interested in football, it would really help us if this message could be passed around to those who might be interested in playing.

Thanks for your time.

The Committee:-

Robert Potter (MaB-PeA-GrW)
James Kent-Winsley (MaB-ThA-GrW)
Justin Pelanconi (PeB-LaA-GrE)
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

I admire your enterprise and hope you get it off the ground.

I'm not based in London and in any event am now too old, fat, injured and short sighted to play, even in goal.

However I still support what you are trying to do.

Good luck!!
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

I echo Mid A's comments.

With my increasing years, not only have I given up playing, but I've given up refereeing !........ or rather, THEY;VE given ME up !

Still ! - I have the 'Dorking Girls' teams to keep me occupied. (I await the usual comments from you-know-who !)
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
CH Football
2nd Former

Post by CH Football »

Thanks for your messages of support.

If you know ANY Old Blues who would be interested, please pass on the message to them. We have managed to get hold of a few people already through our existing contacts, but as you can imagine there are a lot of people that we simply cannot get in contact with at the moment. I appreciate that the beautiful game in not everyones cup of tea, but if you know people who might be interested, please do pass the word around.

FAO Julian- Sorry to post the message in two different rooms, but I figured that it would get more attention here,
Laura M
Deputy Grecian

Post by Laura M »

Will ladies be allowed to play?? (not that I can play football, I'm rugby til I die)
Two men lying in a bed, one rolled over to the other and said, 'I'm gonna lead me a life of danger, I'm gonna marry a WESSEX RANGER!'
BaA 97-03 GrW 03-04
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Laura M wrote:Will ladies be allowed to play?? (not that I can play football, I'm rugby til I die)
NOT if the team is registered with any F.A.

The Football Association doesn't sanction girls and boys playing together after the age of 12 !

(No comments from Gloucestershire or Spain, Perleeez !)
Euterpe13
Button Grecian

Post by Euterpe13 »

J.R., do all coppers have dirty minds, or is it just you ???
Hertford - 5s/2s - 63-70
" I wish I were what I was when I wanted to be what I am now..."
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Euterpe13 wrote:J.R., do all coppers have dirty minds, or is it just you ???
I guess it's where the term "filth" came from??

Bringing this back on-topic, might be worth posting the names of those already signed-up - might encourage others to join in?

Personally I'm too fat and too far away, and also have two left feet when it comes to football, but wish you luck with this excellent endeavour.
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Euterpe13 wrote:J.R., do all coppers have dirty minds, or is it just you ???
The point I was making had no hidden innuendo this time.

We have an ongoing battle with the FA in this country who do NOT allow training or the playing of football in MIXED teams over the age of 12.

European FA's allow mixed up to 18 ! Thats why, generally, the European ladies teams are better than ours !

Maybe I've just earnt myself a reputation in the past.

Anyway - thread is now back on
CH Football
2nd Former

Post by CH Football »

No ladies unfortunately, although support is always welcome!

Currently, I have received positive messages from the following for both training and matches

Thady Ramos
Dan Pearce
Richard Eyre (formerly Smith)
Alex Collings
Chris Collings
Sandy Ryan
George Allen
Andrew/Panda Tang-Pullen
Germ Hansa-Wilkinson

and of course the committee members

Justin Pelanconi
James Kent-Winsley
Robert Potter

We are still looking for more people, and at the risk of repeating myself, I would ask this message to be passed on to anyone who could be interested, as this method has already helped us significantly.

Thanks again Julian.
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

CH Football wrote:No ladies unfortunately, although support is always welcome!

Currently, I have received positive messages from the following for both training and matches

Thady Ramos
Dan Pearce
Alex Collings
Chris Collings
Sandy Ryan
George Allen
Andrew/Panda Tang-Pullen
Germ Hansa-Wilkinson

Justin Pelanconi
James Kent-Winsley
Robert Potter

We are still looking for more people, and at the risk of repeating myself, I would ask this message to be passed on to anyone who could be interested, as this method has already helped us significantly.

Thanks again Julian.
Did the team get off the ground in the end?

If yes how are you doing?
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Mid A 15 wrote:
CH Football wrote:No ladies unfortunately, although support is always welcome!

Thady Ramos
Dan Pearce
Alex Collings
Chris Collings
Sandy Ryan
George Allen
Andrew/Panda Tang-Pullen
Germ Hansa-Wilkinson

Justin Pelanconi
James Kent-Winsley
Robert Potter

Thanks again Julian.
Did the team get off the ground in the end?

If yes how are you doing?
I've just checked to see when CH Football last logged in, but it seems under JT's re-organisation of this site, this facility has been withdrawn !
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Re: Old Blues Football Team for 2006/2007

Post by Mid A 15 »

A few years on from the original post but I seem to remember reading that an Old Blues association football team had joined the Southern Amateur league I think it was.

Any news on how they are doing?

I guess a lot of decent young players will be turning out for their universities rather than the Old Blues once they leave CH.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

I have photos of them playing CH to go in the next OBM, but the so and so's have given me no captions, so I have no idea of score or anything.

Silly B's
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

With all my connections within Non-League football, I have found the OB's footy team/club to be rather non-communicative.

I've offered help in the past, with absolutely no response.

Hey-Ho !