Entry into Christ's Hospital

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

tomday55
2nd Former

Post by tomday55 »

Having read the origional message, I would say the best thing to do was every time he achieved anything at all, send it to CH.
My sister started on the 3rd form, half way through the year,as before she was at Steyning grammer which was not offering her enough.
I went to CH as a new dep in 2004 and raved on about it to her whever I came home.
My parents then realised how CH whould develop her and got in touch with admissions who said no way as there were no places. My parents continued to send them stuff - reports, sport achievments, music event she was in and kept on flodding the school office.
this obviously showed she was a talented person, but I think as do my parents that more importnantly it showed that she had support behind her.

I realise I'm rambling on but guess what I'm getting at is how important it is to keep on trying, as at any time if a place became availbale, as it did in my sisters case, then the child who appers keen will be looked at first, as they will be fresh in the mind of the admissions staff and I think will be looked at in a differnt light.

I hope that helps!!
Good luck with it all,
Tom
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

Sounds like a good suggestion to me DBTS!
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

It certainly does! Thank you, Tom. I hope he achieves something more soon!

Well his team did win the Westward League Cross-Country event at Bicford Park on Sunday as well as winning the overall championship. (He was placed 3rd individually.)

From the letter of application the school only knows so far that his team are AAA champions for SW England, so I suppose I should write again.
David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

DavebytheSea wrote:It certainly does! Thank you, Tom. I hope he achieves something more soon!

Well his team did win the Westward League Cross-Country event at Bicford Park on Sunday as well as winning the overall championship. (He was placed 3rd individually.)

From the letter of application the school only knows so far that his team are AAA champions for SW England, so I suppose I should write again.

Sorry to interrupt on a side issue. CH, other schools etc. (and now the Chancellor) want youngsters to take part in sport. Fine, except that there is a danger of injury - a pulled muscle and even, perish the thought, a fracture.

I had not appreciated until my daughter was paralysed in a school sports accident that the NHS had/has a policy that it will not deal with sports injuries in A & E (the way the head of A & E put it implied that it is not just A & E who refuse to deal with such injuries). My daughter was sent away from the local A & E unseen, untreated and they even refused to help me get her into a car (no ambulance of course).

Are you insured for private treatment?
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!