Preview thread...

START HERE:- New to the forum? Look here for info on what it's all about. We've got lots of users, some regular and some occasional, so if you're not sure how to join in then here's where to start.

Moderator: Moderators

mattw
2nd Former

Preview thread...

Post by mattw »

On some other forums I visit if you hover the mouse over the subject in the list of threads you get a four line preview of the first post's contents.

This I find handy for when (like I am now :) ) you're playing catch-up and want to see if threads are of interest (unlike when you're on-top of the information overload and can read everything posted!).

Any chance of this happening on here? Ta...
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Very nice idea - will look into it and see if it's a mod that's available for this forum.
The Red Alert one looks like it's powered by vBulletin rather than phpbb, so not sure if there's an equivalent for this.

Will look though,

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

We have always used this function on 'Fans-Focus' footy site, though recently the site was up-graded and we have now lost it. Hopefully, only temorarily.