RSS added to the board...

START HERE:- New to the forum? Look here for info on what it's all about. We've got lots of users, some regular and some occasional, so if you're not sure how to join in then here's where to start.

Moderator: Moderators

jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

I guess it's as complex as launching a rocket into (cyber)space....

It's simply a way of having information delivered TO YOU, rather than you having to go and get it - i.e. you don't have to visit the forum website unless something grabs your interest.
If you're interested in 20 sites, visiting each one to check for new stuff takes time - far better to have all the new stuff in one aggregated list....

Equivalent of a news report on TV - you don't want to trawl every newspaper or events that happens in the world, they've selected the list of headlines at the start of the show, and if there's nothing of interest you don't bother watching/listening...

Anyway, I give up! When the horse is dead, stop flogging....!

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
John Knight
Deputy Grecian

Post by John Knight »

jtaylor wrote:I guess it's as complex as launching a rocket into (cyber)space....
<snip>
Anyway, I give up! When the horse is dead, stop flogging....!
J
It's not complex, at least not from a user point of view.
I subscribe to five forums and I enjoy visiting each one to get the feel of the threads that are current. I also use the 'View posts since last visit'
Please don't give up, surely there is no problem leaving the facility there for those who wish to use it.
Thanks for all the work you put in to running this Forum.
Have a good 2007.
John.
Prep B 49 / Barnes B 39 - 1946-1952
MKM
Grecian

Post by MKM »

John Knight wrote:
Vonny wrote:
Richard Ruck wrote: And ditto again........
And again......
I had a quick look at RSS feeds and all I can say is:

Ditto All Above.
Well I like it. I just have to keep hitting the space bar to read everything, none of that pesky mouse-clicking.
Mary
CH 1965-1972