Old Blues on the doorstep

START HERE:- New to the forum? Look here for info on what it's all about. We've got lots of users, some regular and some occasional, so if you're not sure how to join in then here's where to start.

Moderator: Moderators

mikeking
2nd Former

Old Blues on the doorstep

Post by mikeking »

Hello eveybody!
I'm a first timer on this site--joined yesterday and just been figuring out how it all works!
I was at CH '63-'68, Prep B, Ba.B, La.B and by pure coincidence in conversation the head of music at local comm school and fellow church member unbeknown to me is an Old Blue--we chatted and he said the local minister is an OB also (this chap was at school with me!) and unbeknown to me he conducted the marriage service (extremely well) of my daughter a year ago!--how many more OB's are living in the Lizard area of West Cornwall I wonder? Incidentally both these chaps mentioned above are really good characters which hopefully reflects a good start in life at the old school!
I left in '68 and unfortunately lost all contact with many good friends as the years went by--marriage, kids,career etc.. and the loss of my Dad (also an OB-left in '29)who was the one to stay an active member during his life and I could always poach his OB magazines!.
If there is anyone out there who remembers me at school (nothing outstanding I'm afraid) it would be great to chat and hear how life has worked out. I have recently taken early retirement from a 30year career in the NHS and now practice as a freelance Family and Systemic Psychotherapist. A little more time now and less stress!! to do things like this.
Look forward to hearing from anybody.
Mike King.
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Welcome to the forum, and what a great first post!

You might also like to get in touch with the Devon and/or Cornwall Old Blues, via the CHA website.

Devon:- http://www.chassociation.org/sections/uk/devon.php
Cornwall:- http://www.chassociation.org/sections/uk/cornwall.php

Enjoy the forum!

JT
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
mikeking
2nd Former

Devon and Cornwall OB's

Post by mikeking »

Many thanks Julian--I was put in touch with the coordinator--David Eastburn by the OB Music man so one thing is leading to another and I am attending a lunch in Plymouth next month with my 3 sons and hope to attend Old Blues Day next June---hope to meet a few old friends perhaps? It will also be great to watch the band again; I used to play the tenor drum and remember well the aching wrists and shoulder especially after the London march.
All the best
Mike
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

David Eastburn is a regular poster on here under the name of Dave By The Sea :)
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
cj
Button Grecian

Post by cj »

I completely missed this topic! We're in West Devon - pm me if you like.
Catherine Standing (Cooper) Image
Canteen Cath 1.12 (1983-85) & Col A 20 (1985-90)

Any idiot can deal with a crisis. It takes a genius to cope with everyday life.