Housey! The 'magazine'

Air your views regarding the CH Old Blues' Association, what it's delivering and what it should/could deliver. A chance to get your voice heard on what you'd like from YOUR Association...

Moderator: Moderators

Great Plum
Button Grecian

Housey! The 'magazine'

Post by Great Plum »

I don't know if this is the right forum to talk about Housey! but please move if it's in the wrong place...

I got a copy of it the other day - is there really any need for this publication now? With the advent of the 'Old Blue' magazine - what does Housey! do that the 'Old Blue' won't...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Nice photo of Julian though :)
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Mid A 15 wrote:Nice photo of Julian though :)
As the late, great Capt Mainwaring of Dad's Army' would say,

"Well done Mid A 15 ! I was wondering who would notice that !"

............ and in reply to Great Plum, 'Any advertising must be good advertising'

I thought our illustrious editor of the Blue looked a little jaded in that photo !

Were you treated to a good liquid lunch before it was taken, John, or would that be wishful thinking ????
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Re: Housey! The 'magazine'

Post by Richard Ruck »

Great Plum wrote:I don't know if this is the right forum to talk about Housey! but please move if it's in the wrong place...

I got a copy of it the other day - is there really any need for this publication now? With the advent of the 'Old Blue' magazine - what does Housey! do that the 'Old Blue' won't...
I'd be quite happy just to receive an electronic version.

Or why not make the whole thing accessible on the C.H.A. website?
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Yes, good pic of Julian!

But otherwise - I think most of this publication will be served by the new 'Old Blue'...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Richard Ruck wrote:
Great Plum wrote:I don't know if this is the right forum to talk about Housey! but please move if it's in the wrong place...

I'd be quite happy just to receive an electronic version.

Or why not make the whole thing accessible on the C.H.A. website?
It might be that many "older" Old Blues don't have internet access or the inclination to get it. Some youngsters may also struggle to find £15+ a month to finance internet access.

Having said that I agree with Plum, even before the advent of Old Blue, what is Housey! for?
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Housey

Post by englishangel »

I think all students go to Uni with a laptop nowadays, and perhaps parent spay their access fee.

We are on aol and certainly if any of mine were away they would be able to access through the home address, it's not like a TV licence fee, one for each place. I digress.

Don't you have to pay for The Blue now?
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: Housey

Post by J.R. »

englishangel wrote:I think all students go to Uni with a laptop nowadays, and perhaps parent spay their access fee.

.... and I thought that was what you did to a lady cat so she couldn't have little kitties ! Ar well !

Live and learn !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

I see that I have been accused of being under the influence, and can only claim that had I been, I would have looked considerably better. Being dragged out into the English sun for a photo shoot was unexpected, especially as I am renowned for staying in the shade.
Next time you see me like that, please buy me a drink.
On a slightly more relevant theme, I think it should be made clear that Housey is the Partnership magazine, circulated to more than just the Old Blue community, and contains news of general interest on CH rather than news specific to the Association.
Your thoughts are your own as to why the Association is headline news rather than the present low point in the cash crisis cycle.
The School Magazine (The Blue) will contain school news and a few pages on the Old Blues, and will cost because the funds that were previously provided by the CH Club to fund the Blue, have been redirected to fund the Old Blue. I understand that pupils will get it free but anyone else will have to pay. The cost is related to the final estimated circulation. When the club was involved the print run was in the region of 4,500, but I am not sure how many have decided to buy the new magazine.
The Old Blue is the Association magazine, going out to all Association members, i.e., Old Blues, and will have a circulation of around 7,500. It's tight and I will be able to see better after the first run, but my initial calculations suggested that the money left by the CH Club to the Association should cover the costs.
Eventually we hope to progress to an electronic version, but that is some way down the road and the interface with news on the CHA site has to be decided.
Happy to field all questions that I can, but I am much forthcoming with a pint in my hand.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
shoz
GE (Great Erasmus)

housey mag

Post by shoz »

How do I get a copy of the Housey magazine? Is it available online?
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Re: housey mag

Post by jhopgood »

shoz wrote:How do I get a copy of the Housey magazine? Is it available online?
I suggest you phone Ann Sartain at the Partnership office. The phone number should be on the association site, if not they will redirect you.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
shoz
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by shoz »

I know this is an ancient thread but for me, there is a need for Housey! I can get hold of copies of Housey! but as I never went to CH I cannot get the 'Old Blue'.
1B1 2B1 3B1 4M 5M
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

Given time and effort, the Old Blue may well be made available to the world in electronic format.
I am working on it now and have just received a first pull from the person who puts it into Quark, a software used by the printers, so if I can get it sent to me from deepest Sussex to a small village near Denia, then we have hopes of moving forward.
The it will just be a policy decision as to whom gets access.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
shoz
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by shoz »

jhopgood wrote:Given time and effort, the Old Blue may well be made available to the world in electronic format.
I am working on it now and have just received a first pull from the person who puts it into Quark, a software used by the printers, so if I can get it sent to me from deepest Sussex to a small village near Denia, then we have hopes of moving forward.
The it will just be a policy decision as to whom gets access.
What reasons would they have for restricting access to Old Blues only?
1B1 2B1 3B1 4M 5M
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

The magazine costs money and so far there is no charge to Old Blues, part of the demise of the CH club and birth of the Association.
Should anyone else get it free and if we are to charge, then how do we work out a cost and who do we charge?
Decisions, decisions, our main priority so far has to been to produce the magazine, and then gauge the interest level/
I can see no reason for all who want to see it on the web to have access but since that decision has yet to be taken, I have to use a caveat.
No conspiracy, just wait and see.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)