WHAT'S GOING ON?

Air your views regarding the CH Old Blues' Association, what it's delivering and what it should/could deliver. A chance to get your voice heard on what you'd like from YOUR Association...

Moderator: Moderators

UserRemovedAccount
GE (Great Erasmus)

WHAT'S GOING ON?

Post by UserRemovedAccount »

It is now two full months since the meeting which disbanded the CH Club and set up the CHA. During those two months we have not received one word from the new CHA/CHAB as to what is going on. Is there a chairman of the CHAB? Is there a manager? Has Mark Curtiss been replaced? Is anything happening? One of the selling points of the new CHA/CHAB was supposed to be its ability to communicate with the great mass of Old Blues, instead of which we have had total silence. Does anyone care?
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Rest assured that there is activity going on, and that info should be coming out of the CHA Board soon. There are ideas in the pipeline, but it's all taking time.

In the meantime, do contribute here with the things you'd tangibly like out of the CHA, as this will certainly help in forming the essence of the CHA and what it needs to deliver, across the age groups.

I know it's frustrating, and I'm certainly personally having to appreciate how slow progress on these things can be; however there's a lot of energy in there and a lot of will to really make a difference to the way that Old Blues are engaged with.

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Is it slow due to inaction (which I doubt) or because there are so many ideas?
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
BTaylor
Deputy Grecian

Post by BTaylor »

or because everything done by committee takes for ever...
Thornton 85-92
jhopgood
Button Grecian

What's going on?

Post by jhopgood »

I would like to support Julian in that despite what appears not to be happening, things continue to move forward, probably not at the rate everyone would like.
I have had production problems with the Blue, due down to distance and the fact that the printers changed software when they upgraded some hardware, and the glitches took some time to iron out.
All being well, the Blue is being printed as I write.
Most CHA committee members have full time jobs and familiies which means that getting together and moving things forward as a group is complicated. Since we want to get it right, there is no point going public with ideas that may never come to fruition.
All I can say is watch this space, which will probbaly be the first place to publish new news.
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Very interested to see the new Annual Blue! :)
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Annual Blue

Post by jhopgood »

Don't forget that the first Annual Blue is not out until October, covering the school year 2004/5 and will cost money.
The Blue I have produced is the last financed by the CH Club and has no current school news, although I have included House Notes of the last century.
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

OK, so in the future will we have to pay for Blues then?

As I was a member of the CH club does my membership automatically carry over to the CHA then?

And if not, what do I have to do?
jhopgood
Button Grecian

CH Club Subscription

Post by jhopgood »

Taken from Blue
Club Subscriptions
When the Club closes it's bank account, any subscription payments will be returned to the payee. You may therefore wish to cancel any existing Standing Orders to the CH Club.
However, should you wish to continue making such contributions, you may like to consider donations either to the Benevolent Society of Blues or to Christ’s Hospital to support the work of the Association.
1.For further information,
please contact either Jane Hitchcock, BSB secretary, on 01403 247418 or Wendy Killner, CH Association Administrator, on 01403 247665.
BSB Registered Charity Number 207818 Christ’s Hospital Registered Charity Number 306975
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

So does this mean that, TECHNICALLY, there is no club as such, for OB's John ?
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
jhopgood
Button Grecian

What's going on?

Post by jhopgood »

The club voted to cease it's activities and is now winding up its business.
It should formally cease to exsist on either June 30th or July 31st, can't remember which.
I had tried to keep all aware with blow by blow account in the Blue, but it is in the boring bit so maybe people didn't look.
All club members were asked by a postal vote on the matter and over 90% were in favour of closure, at least that is what I remember, as I don't have the papers in front of me now.
UserRemovedAccount
GE (Great Erasmus)

WHAT'S GOING ON

Post by UserRemovedAccount »

To follow-up on the comments on my message, I am sure that something is going on somewhere, and I am, of course, aware that committee members have other interests, and that everything takes time, etc, etc.
However, I have 2 points. One is that it would not take more than ten minutes for somebody to write a newsletter/up-date, call it what you will, to tell CHA members that work is in hand. For example, I know for certain that a new manager has been appointed. Would it be so difficult to announce her name and something about her? At the moment we have absolutely nothing.
My second point is that throughout the discussions leading up to the disbandment of the Club we were told that the "shadowboard" was working hard on the new arrangements so that it would be ready to take up the reins the moment the Club disbanded. It is now quite clear that was not correct.