YOB meet up on St Matt's Day

Air your views regarding the CH Old Blues' Association, what it's delivering and what it should/could deliver. A chance to get your voice heard on what you'd like from YOUR Association...

Moderator: Moderators

Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

I'm in favour as most of us are impecunious... :)
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Deb GP
Deputy Grecian

Post by Deb GP »

Well - the City is stupidly overpriced. I'm always shocked at the prices whenever I go over for a drink after work with my husband at Moorgate.
UserRequestedRemoval
Button Grecian

Post by UserRequestedRemoval »

Gods the last time I was back home in London, the prices were so bad I couldn't get enough to smile let alone fall down. Mind you being stuck in a wheelchair these days does make falling down a little difficult since I am most of the way to the floor anyway!
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Deb GP wrote:Well - the City is stupidly overpriced. I'm always shocked at the prices whenever I go over for a drink after work with my husband at Moorgate.
Tell me about it - where I work in London (by Marylebone station) the local pub charges £2.50 a pint - at least that's cheaper than most of Horsham!! And the cost of beer in the city is ridiculous!
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

on the subject of exspensive drinks yes the city is exspensive but last year in The Black Jug in Horsham it cost me £11 to buy 2 large glasses of white wine!!! Especially when in Bar Vin a bottle of the same white wine only cost £8.75!
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

blondie95 wrote:on the subject of exspensive drinks yes the city is exspensive but last year in The Black Jug in Horsham it cost me £11 to buy 2 large glasses of white wine!!!
Were they pint glasses? :shock:

Don't know what you were drinking, but that's steep, even for the Black Jug. You should be able to buy a bottle there for one or two pounds more.
Last edited by Richard Ruck on Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Richard Ruck wrote:
blondie95 wrote:on the subject of exspensive drinks yes the city is exspensive but last year in The Black Jug in Horsham it cost me £11 to buy 2 large glasses of white wine!!!
Were they pint glasses? :shock:

Don't know what you were drinking, but that's steep, even for the Black Jug. You should be able to buy a bottle there for one or two punds more.
Where is Glenda when you need him/her ???
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
UserRequestedRemoval
Button Grecian

£5.50 per glass of wine! bl**dy hell, thats not steep, it day light robbery! I am so stunned I can't even spell (any excuse to cover my terrible english skills).
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

i know and we thought maybe a bottle would be better but they wanted £17 for a bottle! The problem is the black jug wants to keep out the noisy young people who frequent the weatherspoons or green dragon and do so by putting their prices very high indeed!!!

so i think that going for a drink in the city will prob be cheaper! who would have thought it
UserRequestedRemoval
Button Grecian

Puts note in diary: - If visiting the Black Jug, apply for American Express card!
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

actually just dont go there now when im in Horsham unless someone else is paying!
UserRequestedRemoval
Button Grecian

Yep Blondie, that's a better option.
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

blondie95 wrote: The problem is the black jug wants to keep out the noisy young people who frequent the weatherspoons or green dragon and do so by putting their prices very high indeed!!!
Well, they do have a point! :lol:

Actually, I had a couple of pints in the Black Jug with John Hopgood last Saturday - the beer's pretty good and not TOO overpriced (although it's not at the lower end of the scale).

Perhaps you should try Piries next time - my Mrs. always seems to enjoy the wine there. It's not that easy to find decent wine in a Horsham pub........
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

back to the topic - us gals with zimmers need a nice quiet comfortable place - where WE CAN MAKE THE NOISE! - cannon st station - oh purlease!!! I had to wirk there I might get recognised!

No fun - will only come if I can get a cheap train ticket!
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach
UserRequestedRemoval
Button Grecian

You have a good point there Jude, how many sets of stairs are there around the church or more importantly the pubs. Zimmers and wheelchairs dont mix well with stairs!

Will there be a lot of OBs present?