New Chairman nominated for CHA Advisory Board...

Air your views regarding the CH Old Blues' Association, what it's delivering and what it should/could deliver. A chance to get your voice heard on what you'd like from YOUR Association...

Moderator: Moderators

Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

Well, we can only hope that, despite the various issues of length of appointment, internal 'politicking' etc., some decent candidates have applied for the position.

Once the appointment has been made, and the CHA Advisory Board is back up to full strength, it will be important to communicate to all Old Blues that the CHA is going to continue and build upon the good work which has already been done.

It seems to me, for example, that there is still a certain concern that the CHA might be cajoled into becoming another fundraising arm of the Development Office. While it's obviously wise for the two bodies to be working closely together, I think that it might be useful if those in the position to do so were to give some reassurance that the CHA's priority will be to develop and foster relations between Old Blues and between Old Blues and the school. Financial and many other benefits will continue to flow naturally from this relationship.

During the last few months there has been a fair amount of uncertainty and speculation about where things are heading, and I would hope that this can be resolved quickly during the next month or so.

I'm sure this will be a priority for everyone concerned.
Last edited by Richard Ruck on Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

I quite agree with everything in your last post Richard.

The fact that we are due for other major staff changes in the coming months does bother me somewhat though !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

well rather than speculate - let's let them get on and see what comes out - I am sure that we will all be supportive in whatever manner we can be.
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach
cj
Button Grecian

Post by cj »

J.R. wrote:Who's going to head the Quango ?
Perhaps the fat orange man from the adverts, as in "You've been quangoed"?
Catherine Standing (Cooper) Image
Canteen Cath 1.12 (1983-85) & Col A 20 (1985-90)

Any idiot can deal with a crisis. It takes a genius to cope with everyday life.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

cj wrote:
Did you know that advert has been banned ????

Doesn't bode well for the CHA, then !
cj
Button Grecian

Post by cj »

J.R. wrote:
cj wrote:

Is it PC to be anti-orange? I thought we had to embrace all skin colors, after all you're born that way ...
Catherine Standing (Cooper) Image
Canteen Cath 1.12 (1983-85) & Col A 20 (1985-90)

Any idiot can deal with a crisis. It takes a genius to cope with everyday life.
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

cj wrote:
J.R. wrote:
cj wrote: Perhaps the fat orange man from the adverts, as in "You've been quangoed"?

Is it PC to be anti-orange? I thought we had to embrace all skin colors, after all you're born that way ...
Someone help those whose skin has turned green then after tehy have been splattered with a paint ball gun!

Back to the subject - why would we need a committee to run a committee to run a committee to run CHA?
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Jude wrote:
cj wrote:
J.R. wrote: Did you know that advert has been banned ????

Someone help those whose skin has turned green then after tehy have been splattered with a paint ball gun!

Back to the subject - why would we need a committee to run a committee to run a committee to run CHA?
Seems to be the way things are done these days !

Jobs for the boys, (or girls ??)
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

well sadly John you are probably right - it seems just about everything is run by a series of committees - and with committees behind them and so forth it's a wonder anyone gets out of bed before they have asked permission! what? I'm supposed to ask permission, oh blogs, I will end up in jail then, coz I do my own thing as and when I want, with the common factor of trying to fit in with others.

bah humbug!
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Just read in our local paper that our local Council, who have cut back on public services to 'Keep Council Tax down', have spend thousands of our pounds over the last year on various Independant Advisory Reports !
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

J.R. wrote:Just read in our local paper that our local Council, who have cut back on public services to 'Keep Council Tax down', have spend thousands of our pounds over the last year on various Independant Advisory Reports !
That is the new scam for using up ringfenced money - go off and find someone to do a report on whether option a b or c is best and justify it. I always thought that that sort of thing was part of the business - I did my own reports as a company - I did everything (apart from the accounts.... numbers arghhhhhh). The overheads for new PC's , scanners (used once a year - at the xmas party where peeps do pic of boobs and bottoms) pphotocopiers that are used by the ton - and then the paper work that just stacks up and up and up - forests of trees were killed for that paperwork - why can't it be put on disk/CD etc? We have the technology, but it seems we cling to paper as a baby to it's dummy...