Map of Old Blue locations [http://www.frappr.com/oldblues]

Air your views regarding the CH Old Blues' Association, what it's delivering and what it should/could deliver. A chance to get your voice heard on what you'd like from YOUR Association...

Moderator: Moderators

Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

I'm on the map - it's getting very cramped in the UK!! the pointers need to be smaller soon we won't be able to see the UK at all if this catches on!! Typically American software puts them on HUGE and us in tiny!!

:shock:
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

whoa! it even gives you an email - now I feel all lurved up!!! I have yet another place that needs a password! I think it must be password chage time too - argh only 48 places to change! :oops: :evil:
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

DavebytheSea wrote:Very strange! Although John said I was one of the original two, this morning I was not one of the eight - I've just added myself. But there is a "transponder" on my map - or at least there was.

oh and the Matt I referred to at the beginning, turns out not to be our Matt at all, but a "Frappr Greeter" or something like that. Sorry, Matt - you must have been a mite mystified!!
I was!

I have managed to join now! :-)
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

All my fault.
I changed the previous Old Blues map to my name, and then renamed CH Forum, which had Dave on it, as Old Blues. This new Old Blues map disappeared into the ether, so I created another with the same name and invited all to the new map.
Original mappers on the old OB map now appear as friends on my personal map, where I now have friends and family who are not Old Blues.
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

jhopgood wrote:All my fault.
I changed the previous Old Blues map to my name, and then renamed CH Forum, which had Dave on it, as Old Blues. This new Old Blues map disappeared into the ether, so I created another with the same name and invited all to the new map.
Original mappers on the old OB map now appear as friends on my personal map, where I now have friends and family who are not Old Blues.
Well that has clarified everything beautifully!

Does the new map thing enable us to have friends? From what you say John, you have friends on yours. How nice! You may remember that, a long time ago, I complained that the forum once told me I had no friends. I remained deeply depressed for months as a result.
Last edited by DavebytheSea on Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)
Euterpe13
Button Grecian

Post by Euterpe13 »

... whereas I have a " friend " called Jill, but have absolutely NO idea who she is !
Hertford - 5s/2s - 63-70
" I wish I were what I was when I wanted to be what I am now..."
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

Give her to me :)
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

DavebytheSea wrote:Give her to me :)
Tut tut, Dave ! Keep taking the tablets.

I've added myself.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

David

Darling, I think there has been too much salt in the air near Falmouth! I am now more confused than I was before - and that was confused enough! Grief - are we not your friends? If you want to create a map for your personal and private friends and add CHers then we are all going to be on maps galore and we might get as confused as you! As I have done in another thread - lets try to keep it simple stupid - any recipes are on my personal website all you have to do for that is to click onto the house under my signature - perhaps that is the best thing for us to do!! try and keep things simple!
Jude hug sniff, sniff?/far toooooo much salt!!! :lol: 8)
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

Jude wrote:David

Darling, I think there has been too much salt in the air near Falmouth! As I have done in another thread - lets try to keep it simple stupid - any recipes are on my personal website all you have to do for that is to click onto the house under my signature - perhaps that is the best thing for us to do!! try and keep things simple!
A house under a signature, eh? Was it not Owl who lived in a tree under the name of Sanders? I will keep a good look out for your signature next time I drive through Gloucestershire, that I may find your house under it and have the opportunity to dine and taste one of your delicious recipes. I drool at the very thought.

So next time you hear someone clicking on your house, you know it is only me.........
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

DavebytheSea wrote:
Jude wrote:David

Darling, I think there has been too much salt in the air near Falmouth! As I have done in another thread - lets try to keep it simple stupid - any recipes are on my personal website all you have to do for that is to click onto the house under my signature - perhaps that is the best thing for us to do!! try and keep things simple!
A house under a signature, eh? Was it not Owl who lived in a tree under the name of Sanders? I will keep a good look out for your signature next time I drive through Gloucestershire, that I may find your house under it and have the opportunity to dine and taste one of your delicious recipes. I drool at the very thought.

So next time you hear someone clicking on your house, you know it is only me.........
Mr Sanders I believe.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

15 now, one in the US, one in China and the remainder in Europe.
My understanding is that you can have your own map and can invite anyone on to that map. Hence I have friends and relatives on my map.
Then there is the possibility to be on a group map, which is why I opened a map called Old Blues. I don't think it is a pre requisite to have your own map to get on a group map, although you must be invited.
As OB editor, I have received e-mails from many OB's, and have invited them on to the OB map, hence the presence of Lance Reynolds.
Hopefully I can get it to grow some more.
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

I notice Kerren is on there too.

She was Upper Sixth in 2's when I started. I bumped into her on OB day in 1994 (I think) and she didn't remember me :(
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

It's up to you but you could add a blue marker with the point at 10 o'clock on the edge of Euterpe's Barcelona marker.
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

englishangel wrote:I notice Kerren is on there too.

She was Upper Sixth in 2's when I started. I bumped into her on OB day in 1994 (I think) and she didn't remember me :(
Is there any special reason as to why she should remember you Mary? The only thing she remembers about me is that she has had so many adressess from me that I think I may have been the reason for her retiring! :oops: :oops: