CHA - WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO US AND US TO IT?

Air your views regarding the CH Old Blues' Association, what it's delivering and what it should/could deliver. A chance to get your voice heard on what you'd like from YOUR Association...

Moderator: Moderators

Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

To be honest, I don't think they would find it too hard to find someone suitable for the job - they certainly did in Sara...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Great Plum wrote:To be honest, I don't think they would find it too hard to find someone suitable for the job - they certainly did in Sara...
Does the word 'maschochist' appear on the job description ???
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
UserRemovedAccount
GE (Great Erasmus)

OOOPS!

Post by UserRemovedAccount »

J.R. wrote:Does the word 'maschochist' appear on the job description ???
The answer is "probably not" although if spelled as "masochist" it might!
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: OOOPS!

Post by J.R. »

petard249 wrote:
J.R. wrote:Does the word 'maschochist' appear on the job description ???
The answer is "probably not" although if spelled as "masochist" it might!
Apologies ! Speed typing and all that.

I understand the job description for the vacant position does carry a health warning, in that after a few days in the job, the post holder will most probably experience sharp stabbing pains between the shoulder blades ! :roll:
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
UserRemovedAccount
GE (Great Erasmus)

PEDANTS UNITED

JR,
Sorry about that - bit cheeky, really.

Question: "Who led the Pedant's Revolt?"
Answer: "Which Tyler."

I agree about the stabbing,

David
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

But I live t'other side of country - in Gloucestershire - it takes 90 minutes (on a good day ) to get to Londinuim.....!!!

I'm close to the M5 - 30 miles North of Bristol for those who have a map!
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

Jude wrote:But I live t'other side of country - in Gloucestershire - it takes 90 minutes (on a good day ) to get to Londinuim.....!!!

It's a hard life.
I live in Valencia, and with the wonders of Ryanair and EasyJet, it almost works out cheaper and quicker than coming in from in from most points of the UK on the so called, public transport
Wouldn't like to commute it though.
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

jhopgood wrote:
Jude wrote:But I live t'other side of country - in Gloucestershire - it takes 90 minutes (on a good day ) to get to Londinuim.....!!!

It's a hard life.
I live in Valencia, and with the wonders of Ryanair and EasyJet, it almost works out cheaper and quicker than coming in from in from most points of the UK on the so called, public transport
Now I f me had a 'elicopter, then I wud fly, but my back garden isn't big enough for a "H" pad..... so that's out of way, could try flying from Staverton - Glos airport - but then again I'd have to have money - which would be better placed sponsoring this website!
ho hum! :roll:
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

jhopgood wrote:It's a hard life.
No? why not? I did it for a while from Carcassonne to the City 1 1hr40 each way just right to get through the paper.

With local costs so low and a nice pool after a long lie in the sun and a glass of whatever you fancy ........ its a nice life

http://www.getjealous.com/getjealous.ph ... ndalucioli
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

sejintenej wrote:
jhopgood wrote:It's a hard life.
No? why not? I did it for a while from Carcassonne to the City 1 1hr40 each way just right to get through the paper.

With local costs so low and a nice pool after a long lie in the sun and a glass of whatever you fancy ........ its a nice life

http://www.getjealous.com/getjealous.ph ... ndalucioli

you can go off friends you know......................!
:wink: :cry: :shock: :oops: :roll: :evil:
UserRemovedAccount
GE (Great Erasmus)

jhopgood wrote:I live in Valencia, and with the wonders of Ryanair and EasyJet, it almost works out cheaper and quicker than coming in from in from most points of the UK on the so called, public transport
Out of idle curiosity how long does it take you from your home airport to the centre of London and how much does it cost?

David
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

petard249 wrote:
jhopgood wrote:I live in Valencia, and with the wonders of Ryanair and EasyJet, it almost works out cheaper and quicker than coming in from in from most points of the UK on the so called, public transport
Out of idle curiosity how long does it take you from your home airport to the centre of London and how much does it cost?

David
yea G-ds and little fishes - well I'm glad some people who live in warmer climes can ponder the costs of actually coming back to the UK - I can't even ponder about going to the next county, let alone a different country!!!
:oops: :cry: :cry: :cry: :roll:
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

I think it's cheaper for John to get to London than it is for me......

Over £25 on the train to get in to Paddington from Didcot.....blo*dy rip-off.....so much for public transport.........inconvenience, smelly, late, never door-to-door.........I think I'll stick with the car!
Family of 4 to get to Scotland?? Driving wins hands-down every time (no, not my family, don't have one of those!)

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

jtaylor wrote:I think it's cheaper for John to get to London than it is for me......

Over £25 on the train to get in to Paddington from Didcot.....blo*dy rip-off.....so much for public transport.........inconvenience, smelly, late, never door-to-door.........I think I'll stick with the car!
Family of 4 to get to Scotland?? Driving wins hands-down every time (no, not my family, don't have one of those!)

J
Whoa Julian! you think that is bad???? from Stonehouse ( yes I have my own station like CH! only it's famous for being the shortest station in the country that full length trains run through and stop at!)[that comes from working for a train company!] For me to get to London it used to be £54 return... it's gone up since then.... I can go one way to Ireland with the car for less than that!
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

Jude wrote:
jtaylor wrote:I think it's cheaper for John to get to London than it is for me......

J
Whoa Julian! you think that is bad???? from Stonehouse ( yes I have my own station like CH! only it's famous for being the shortest station in the country that full length trains run through and stop at!)[that comes from working for a train company!] For me to get to London it used to be £54 return... it's gone up since then.... I can go one way to Ireland with the car for less than that!
Thank goodness that from furthest Cornwall it's a little less than that.
David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)