SARA VOICE RESIGNS!!!!!

Air your views regarding the CH Old Blues' Association, what it's delivering and what it should/could deliver. A chance to get your voice heard on what you'd like from YOUR Association...

Moderator: Moderators

UserRemovedAccount
GE (Great Erasmus)

SARA VOICE RESIGNS!!!!!

Post by UserRemovedAccount »

Many members of the CHA will be shocked to hear that Sara has resigned as Manager of the CHA. Sara started work in the middle of last year and threw herself, heart and soul, into the CHA, and Old Blues and their affairs. She really got the CHA going, started the website, organised the Carol Concert and has come up with many other excellent ideas. I personally was present when she faced an audience of Old Blues Regional Representaives at Old Blues Day 2005. The audience consisted almost entirely of grumpy old so-and-sos (of which I was one, I hasten to add) but she gave a superlative talk, was clearly mistress of the situation, and this, accompanied by her charm and the lucid presentation, "sold" the CHA to about 99 percent of her hearers. She has also done a great deal to encourage younger Old Blues to take more of an interest in their old school.

My personal view is that she has found herself in a situation where she was so unhappy that there really was no alternative. Not only is she a great loss, but it comes at a time when the CHA was just starting to get going. I am writing to the Clerk to tell him just what I think of what has happened. My letter will not be very polite. Should anyone wish to join me the address to write to is:
M Simkin, The Clerk, Counting House, Christ's Hospital, HORSHAM RH13 0YP
Last edited by UserRemovedAccount on Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Re: SARA VOICE RESIGNS!!!!!

Post by Mid A 15 »

petard249 wrote:Many members of the CHA will be shocked to hear that Sara has resigned as Manager of the CHA. Sara started work in the middle of last year and threw herself, heart and soul, into the CHA, and Old Blues and their affairs. She really got the CHA going, started the website, organised the Carol Concert and has come up with many other excellent ideas. I personally was present when she faced an audience of Old Blues Regional Representaives at Old Blues Day 2005. The audience consisted almost entirely of grumpy old so-and-sos (of which I was one, I hasten to add) but she gave a superlative talk, was clearly mistress of the situation, and this, accompanied by her charm and the lucid presentation, "sold" the CHA to about 99 percent of her hearers. She has also done a great deal to encourage younger Old Blues to take more of an interest in their old school.

My personal view is that she has been forced into this by constant harassment from her superiors, which resulted in a situation where she was so unhappy that there really was no alternative. Not only is she a great loss, but it comes at a time when the CHA was just starting to get going. I am writing to the Clerk to tell him just what I think of what has happened. My letter will not be very polite. Should anyone wish to join me the address to write to is:
M Simkin, The Clerk, Counting House, Christ's Hospital, HORSHAM RH13 0YP
Which superiors and what sort of harassment?

If suitable and appropiate for the forum of course.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
Vonny
Button Grecian

Re: SARA VOICE RESIGNS!!!!!

Post by Vonny »

Mid A 15 wrote:Which superiors and what sort of harassment?

If suitable and appropiate for the forum of course.
Just what I was wondering.
2's 1981-1985 2:12 BaB 1985-1988 BaB 41
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

Blimey, this is a bit surprising, to say the least! Sara was chatting (seemingly) happily after Dave Elliott's funeral on Friday, and from what I've been told the C.H.A. meeting went well on Saturday.

No point speculating, though. Perhaps a proper announcement will be made (after all, this does concern all of us).
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Oh dear - I do hope that this isn't too much of a spanner in the works of the CHA.

I certainly hope that Sara was not hounded out either...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Petard........................

May I suggest you copy and and paste your letter on here ?

I hate it when young people are 'hounded' out of a position they are working well in, by un-informed old-fogeys. (OK - I AM approaching 60, but I still feel 18 inside, as some of my posts must surely indicate.)

As I'm free at the moment, maybe I should apply for the vacancy, but then again - Perhaps I'm too old, Age-ism, and all that !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

I assume there will be an official announcement about this...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

Great Plum wrote:I assume there will be an official announcement about this...
Not sure how one could be made, though.

Something on the CHA site, perhaps (but this depends on everyone checking in to have a look), or by post (which would be quite an expensive way of doing it).

Sooner rather than later would be advisable, however.

Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

Yet again the "Females Can't be a manager" hit's the press - I was hounded out of my job - as an IT Manager for a certain railway company... which I think stops at CH...... the union wanted me to fight it - as I was "many" that had had spurious things written about them etc. I just resigned - found out I was ill, and here I am.

Petard - unless you wish to be hoisted by your own - get the facts and put them in here - we are a motely crew, but an effective one as we have had the slurry of life poured over us!
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

There might be the possibility of a constructive dismissal claim against the Association / Foundation depending on the circumstances of her resignation.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
ben ashton
Grecian

Post by ben ashton »

"Females Can't be a manager" ?
Where does anyone say that was why she's leaving?

+ why not ask her to make a statement on the forum with reasons? I have no idea whether there is any wrongdoing at the moment
Cherish pity; lest you drive an angel from your door

LaB 1, MidB 40, 97-02
Bert
2nd Former

Sara Voice's resignation/ CH Association

Post by Bert »

Where did the information about Sara's resignation come from?
Bert
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

Ok Everyone - gather round please.

This topic needs to go to bed as of now.... I know I am not a moderator, and ergo cannot dictate, but it might make Sara's life worse if we continue to talk about it.

She is leaving. It is very sad, as she was a very good link between old and new OB's.

Thank you
Jude
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

Sorry, Jude, but we're not just discussing Sara or her family.

Do you not think that the future of the C.H.A. is worthy of discussion here?

Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Jude wrote:Ok Everyone - gather round please.

This topic needs to go to bed as of now.... I know I am not a moderator, and ergo cannot dictate, but it might make Sara's life worse if we continue to talk about it.

She is leaving. It is very sad, as she was a very good link between old and new OB's.

Thank you
Jude
Jude,

The Headmaster, Clerk, Treasurer and CHA manager have all announced their intention to depart within a short time of each other.

These departures may all be entirely coincidental however people will inevitably speculate unless there is some sort of explanation forthcoming.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72