C.H.A. website updates

Air your views regarding the CH Old Blues' Association, what it's delivering and what it should/could deliver. A chance to get your voice heard on what you'd like from YOUR Association...

Moderator: Moderators

Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

C.H.A. website updates

Post by Richard Ruck »

Just a thought........

Might it not be a good idea for an e-mail to be circulated each time the C.H.A. site is updated, as Steve Webb currently does with the Old Blues site?

It might help to make people feel more involved with what's going on, in case they don't check the site on a regular basis.
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Re: C.H.A. website updates

Post by Great Plum »

Richard Ruck wrote:Just a thought........

Might it not be a good idea for an e-mail to be circulated each time the C.H.A. site is updated, as Steve Webb currently does with the Old Blues site?

It might help to make people feel more involved with what's going on, in case they don't check the site on a regular basis.
Good plan - I don't know if everyone got the email I posted regarding the Young Old Blue event...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Re: C.H.A. website updates

Post by Richard Ruck »

Great Plum wrote:
Richard Ruck wrote:Just a thought........

Good plan - I don't know if everyone got the email I posted regarding the Young Old Blue event...
I wouldn't know - I'm old....... :lol:

Seriously though, I don't mean just for specific events, but for the regular site updates.

It would encourage more people to visit the site and, maybe, actually engage with the C.H.A.

jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Yes, very good idea - I guess the question would be one of an opt-in, to save people getting what they may see as Spam.

Definitely in the short-term we'll aim to post on here at least when there's an update.

The CHA database is being re-vamped currently. It may be something we could have as an opt-in on there, and an email then gets sent to those who do want it...

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
FrogBoxed
Deputy Grecian

Post by FrogBoxed »

Also, there's the teeny problem that the CHA site is updated more frequently than the oldblues.com site, that would mean a flurry of emails to people who'd opted in, meaning they trecked all the way to the site (okay I exaggerate, it's one click away from an email) for, say, a two line news item...

I agree with Julian that posting here is probably the best solution in the short term and until we hammer out an update schedule for the site. We don't want to flood people with emails, but equally, we don't want anyone missing out, so this seems like a good compromise.
Louise Barr Col B 89–96 | Frog Box Design
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

Yes, I see your point about flurries of e-mails, and a notice on this forum would indeed be a good start, but I would imagine at the moment there's a considerable difference between the number of people on the C.H.A. database and the numbers who visit this forum on a regular basis.

Personally, I receive regular e-mail updates from various sources (newspapers, music sites, rugby sites etc.) purely because I want that information.

An eventual opt-in might be a good thing, as I don't think many Old Blues would consider it to be spam.