Young Old Blues Event on 1st Feb 2006!

Air your views regarding the CH Old Blues' Association, what it's delivering and what it should/could deliver. A chance to get your voice heard on what you'd like from YOUR Association...

Moderator: Moderators

Great Plum
Button Grecian

Young Old Blues Event on 1st Feb 2006!

Post by Great Plum »

Hi all,

I thought you might like to know about the Young Old Blues Event on the 1st Feb.

I can't go for two reasons:

1. It's the future Mrs Plum's birthday!

2. Jamie's WIne Bar is the most expensive bar I have ever been to!

Please forward this email on to anyone else who may be interested. If anyone would like to be added to the Young Old Blue circulation list, please email me at manager@chassociation.org with name, dates and House.

Christ's Hospital Association Newsletter for Young Old Blues

01403 247665/246618

Announcing the first CHA “Young Old Blue” Social Event

Jamies Wine Barr

34 Ludgate Hill

London EC4M 8RR

on Wednesday 1st February

from 6.30pm onwards

http://www.jamiesbars.co.uk/ludgatehill/

First 50 glasses of wine free and free snacks to soak up the alcohol

Please email the CHA on manager@chassociation.org if you think you may be able to attend, as it would help Jamies on the night in allocating room and with the pre-ordering of snacks

The content of http://www.chassociation has been updated; take a look at the latest news and feed back your views on the night.
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
AKAP
Grecian

Post by AKAP »

Is their a definition of a "young old blue" if not I suggest a cut off point of whatever age you are now plus ten years.
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Re: Young Old Blues Event on 1st Feb!

Post by Richard Ruck »

Great Plum wrote:First 50 glasses of wine free .....
Each?
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Richard Ruck wrote:
Great Plum wrote:First 50 glasses of wine free .....
Each?
I was hoping...

AKAP - I think a 'young Old blue' includes those up to 30...

Is anyone going to this?
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

Alas not on this occasion... :wink:

Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Richard Ruck wrote:Alas not on this occasion... :wink:
Very droll! :lol:

However, I don't know if you would be counted as 'Young' anymore! :wink:
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

Great Plum wrote:
Richard Ruck wrote:Alas not on this occasion... :wink:
Very droll! :lol:

However, I don't know if you would be counted as 'Young' anymore! :wink:
Well, some members of this forum might consider me to be 'young', but I'm quite happy to admit to being middle-aged. Even so, an evening chez Jamie would still seem a bit steep........

Vonny
Button Grecian

Post by Vonny »

Great Plum wrote:AKAP - I think a 'young Old blue' includes those up to 30...
:shock: So am I officially an old old blue? What do you class those who are 50+? :shock: :lol:
2's 1981-1985 2:12 BaB 1985-1988 BaB 41
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

Vonny wrote:
:shock: So am I officially an old old blue? What do you class those who are 50+? :shock: :lol:
Obviously we must be Ancient, but still got a long way to go before we match our RR & A Foundation!
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
AKAP
Grecian

Post by AKAP »

Vonny wrote:
That's why you need my definition (your own age + 10). Then we can all be young blues. Image
Apalacia
3rd Former

Post by Apalacia »

I'm going - as are a few people from my year - Rupert Munro, Freya McInroy etc etc...I have a feeling we count as young! Only just left. I wonder if any one will actually turn up.....
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

Rightly or wrongly, as I make up the guidelines, in the Old Blue I have included news on anyone who left after 1990 in the Young Old Blue section.
You can disagree or give me better definitions for use next time, but the deed is done.
I had always considered young as being an attitude rather than age related. For Young Old Blue meetings, I assumed it was where people from a similar generation and interests would get together to reminisce and catch up on things.
A bit like this forum.
AKAP
Grecian

Post by AKAP »

jhopgood wrote:Rightly or wrongly, as I make up the guidelines, in the Old Blue I have included news on anyone who left after 1990 in the Young Old Blue section.
You can disagree or give me better definitions for use next time, but the deed is done.
I had always considered young as being an attitude rather than age related. For Young Old Blue meetings, I assumed it was where people from a similar generation and interests would get together to reminisce and catch up on things.
A bit like this forum.
I support what you are doing totally and agree with your thinking as you have outlined, I was just making an attempt at humour around the idea that we all think we are young, it's just the body not the mind that dictates otherwise.
Vonny
Button Grecian

Post by Vonny »

AKAP wrote:
jhopgood wrote:Rightly or wrongly, as I make up the guidelines, in the Old Blue I have included news on anyone who left after 1990 in the Young Old Blue section.
A bit like this forum.
I support what you are doing totally and agree with your thinking as you have outlined, I was just making an attempt at humour around the idea that we all think we are young, it's just the body not the mind that dictates otherwise.
Same here - just seems funny being classed as "old" when I'm "only" 36 :lol:
2's 1981-1985 2:12 BaB 1985-1988 BaB 41
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

Vonny wrote:
AKAP wrote:
A bit like this forum.
Same here - just seems funny being classed as "old" when I'm "only" 36 :lol:
Context is everything. I am very active in my local Inner Wheel (womenfolk of Rotarians) and am considered young there. The silly thing is that I first joined it in Malaysia in 1978 and was average age for my club. Ever since then, including now, I have been below average age!
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965